Saturday, February 19, 2011

Feb 18th
Location: Athens
Distance: 6 miles
Temperature: 72

This was the warmest run of 2011, and I loved every minute of it. I loved wearing shorts & a t-shirt, the sweat trickling down my face, and the sunshine peeping through the trees. Running through the trails reminded me of when everything comes to life in Narnia after the long winter. I almost felt like the trees were going to come alive (read the books if you haven't). This warm weather may be just a tease, but I'll take it. I knew that this was going to be a run that I was going to think about for the rest of the day. It's runs like these that keep me coming back. I'll leave you with a verse that has been on my mind, "his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed I cannot." Jeremiah 20:21

No comments:

Post a Comment