Saturday, December 4, 2010

Welcome to the Run


So I was laying on the couch, watching a movie, thinking about how much I enjoyed my late night run under the stars when I decided that I wanted to document my runs. While I run, I feel free and loved. I'm overwhelmed with the fact that my Father would bless me with something that I enjoy so much. It's peaceful, and I can reflect or think nothing at all and feel perfectly content. I feel as though my senses are heightened as I take in the world around me. Tonight I smiled as I ran through Athens, GA. I left the stresses of life behind me as I ran down Milledge, Prince, and Lumpkin. I saw restaurants I want to try, places I want to shop, and people who I hope are blessed by my smile. As I ended my 50 minute run, I ran through a quiet residential pocket. It was dark, but I didn't care. I was able to run in the middle of the road and look to my right and left at Christmas lights. When I began my run, I thought it was going to rain, but then I looked up and saw the stars. I knew that God did that for me. It was just what I needed. After I got home, it started to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment